Volunteer With Us
As an adult leader in Explorers, you have the opportunity to support young people aged 14-17. There are a number of different adult leadership roles in Scouting, which we will assist to match
What will I be doing?
– Deliver or assist to deliver a safe, exciting programme of activities for 14-17-year-olds
– Support young people to work toward top awards in the section
– Support young people to undertake the Duke of Edinburgh award
– Complete relevant administrative tasks (role dependent)
– Work with other adults, both locally within the Unit, and across the wider area.
What skills will I develop for my CV?
Listening – As a youth leader, you will be a trusted person who young people will talk to.
You will be provided training and support – Problem Solving – Scouts provides challenges.
As a leader, you will work with others to overcome barriers, including problem-solving.
– Leadership – As a youth leader, you will be provided leadership training. You will develop leadership skills through volunteer work.
– Teamwork – Working as part of various teams. including the regular Unit team, wider District team, and ad-hoc teams for events etc.
What do I need?
– Flexible approach
– Resourceful, energetic and enthusiastic
– Willingness to complete mandatory training
– Willingness to accept the policies of The Scouts (scouts.org.uk/por/2-key-policies/)
– Ability to become a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme
What else do I need to know?
Assistant Section Leader Vacancy Pack
Section Assistant Vacancy Pack
One of our volunteers will contact you to discuss opportunities which suit you. You can then get involved for a short period of time to see if the
role is for you. The full process can then begin.