We run a waiting list system to enable parents to register that their young people wish to join a Section. This policy attempts to explain how we match places, as they become available, with young people on the list.
- For a young person to be added to the waiting list, the following details MUST be supplied: full name, date of birth, address, postcode, phone number, and email contact details of at least one parent/guardian. This can be entered here Tiger ESU Waiting List
- Our Group relies on the efforts of our adult volunteers (Leaders, Assistants, Executive Committee etc), without whom it would simply not continue. We always need more adult volunteers. Therefore, we give a high priority to those on the waiting list who have an adult family member who is willing and able to take on a Role within the Group.
- The age ranges for the Sections are Explorers 13.5 to 18
- Scouting is open to all young people (irrespective of gender, faith, ability, sexuality or any other factors). If a young person needs additional support in order to participate in scouting, this should be discussed with the leaders, who will work with parents to establish a plan of action.
Priorities when allocating places
The following is a list of criteria that we use when allocating places to young people – in approximate order of priority (highest priority first). Nevertheless, please note that the allocation of all places is at the discretion of Section Leader:
1. The young person is already a member of the 28th Ayrshire Scout Group and is moving up to Tiger ESU.
2. A parent or other adult family member commits to volunteering in one of the following roles: Leader, Assistant Leader, Section Assistant with Tiger ESU
3. The young person is already a member of The Scout Association at a Group outside of Kyle and Carrick District and has recently moved to a new house in the area.
4. The young person has a sibling who is already a member of Tiger ESU
5. If allocated a place, the young person will have at least 2 weeks to accept the placement
6. After all of the above have been taken into account, the amount of time spent on the waiting list will be considered as a factor.
A young person wishing to transfer from another Group within Ayrshire to Tiger ESU is given no special priority.