Uniform – we always travel to and from Lochearnhead in uniform (Those who are still to be Invested – please pack your Neckie and woggle in your kit bag in preparation for Investiture during the weekend)
Make sure names are on all items of kit, including Uniform items.
- Sleeping Bag.
- Carry mat.
- Any personal medication. (If required hand to a leader in a Labelled bag)
- Wash kit and towel.
- At least 3 complete changes of clothing (as well as uniform).
- It can be cold and wet on the hills and around the centre. You need a full set of clothes for each day and a set to wear in the centre in the evening.
- Warm trousers for on the hills (not jeans, jeans should not be brought for any time over the weekend).
- Warm jumper or sweatshirt.
- Fleece jacket.
- Boots (NOT TRAINERS).
- 2 sets of boot socks (at least) + other socks for wearing with trainers around the centre.
- Trainers (for around the centre).
- Waterproof jacket and trousers.
- Waterproof Gaiters (if you have them).
- Warm hat & gloves.
- Water bottle.
- Flask (small).
- Torch (pref Headtorch).
- Black plastic bags for wet kit.
- Spending Money (Small shop has badges and woggles etc. Suggest circa £5 but please bring it in change. Either use a wallet or a zip lock bag. Make sure name is on it)
Please read the kit list carefully.
Mp3 players and mobile phones. We do not mind them being used whilst travelling if earphones are used. Gaming while travelling is not recommended as we have had problems with scouts being sick on the very narrow, winding roads.
If there is some down time during the weekend, they may get them back for a short while. There is no mobile phone signal at Lochearnhead.
Small rucksack or daysack for up the hills. It is best to pack clothes for the weekend in a holdall or other such bag as this makes it easier to access kit within, and easier and more efficient to load into the trailer. Please note bags with things tied to the outside of bags may well have them removed for packing in the trailer as they make it difficult to load.
Small snack and drink are acceptable for journey but please do not send your child with large amounts of sweets as this increases the risk of being travel sick.
Eating or drinking in the dorms is NOT permitted.
If anyone is unsure where Meggernie is please follow the link below to the Lochearnhead web site.